Monday 25 June 2012

Titan Quest: Oracle Build Compedium reply

===========================================================
Credit to sbhennessy for his/her reply to Cassidy's Oracle build which can be seen here
===========================================================


I also recently got Titan Quest and my first char is an oracle.

Here are some things I have found out along the way (1.20 from level 1)


Mods:


TQAdvanced with relic removal, and relics in uniques, 10x uniques on monsters and chests, show damage.
TQVault used for storage of items that are not being currently used.
(Yes the above makes the game easier, but I prefer fast paced action instead of slow farming and slow pulls) (these mods did not get put on until after I beat typhon the first time)

With my oracle I started with spirit. I actually started by maxing out cascade with one point in life drain, and just using my staff single shot. I raced up the mastery tree to get the Lich king, but only had one point in him because thats all he seemed to need. My storm secondary was naked except for mastery points and 1 point in the nimbus line.

Once I got enough energy regen items, and some mana leech I was able to use the ternion attack nonstop. I had previosly tried to use it but the energy cost was way to much. I pulled points out of life drain and cascade and dumped them all into ternion and arcane lore. I also put one point in the spirt ward and its modifier aura, very nice for helping against undead.

At level 30 or so I was getting hurt pretty hard by the dragon guys and I could not single shot them, so I started to experiment. I maxxed out the lich king and his absorption power at the cost of my terion attack. My lich king and outsider actually killed typhon, I just ran around like a little girl. 

In Epic I decided to try out some of storms spells, lets just say without massive -energy and -recharge the storm spells are nothing compaired to ternion. So even at level 35 I am still using ternion, lich, wisp (new since epic).

So to sum it up from level 1 to 35:

Offense at level 1-12: staff + life drain + cascade works well
Defense at level 6+: Lich king (keep on dumping points in him, 1 in death nova and max out wraith shell, dont get arcane blast its too mana expensive for him, and he wont use his other powers) 

Once you get some energy leech or a large enough energy pool switch over from life drain to ternion
Offense at 12-??: remove all points from cascade and life driain and dump into ternion and arcane lore. Go shopping for a green lightning staff of thunder and stick a full zeus on it. Be sure to get a raptors tooth with 33% slowed attack, and look for anything else that gives slowed movement.
Grab the Strorm nimbus power, but the mods to it are optional, they improve your damage so little that you should be pumping up your storm mastery instead to grab the wisp and his power.
Defense - pick up sprit ward and spirit bane to help out with undead, let your lich tank by using the ctrl button to move him into mobs. With a high level lich and high levels of wraith shell he will almost never die.

At level 25 you can have your sprit mastery done, your lich king done (max in the king, 1 in death nova, max in shell) so he is a perfect tank, 1 in death ward, 1 in outsider, 1 in spirt ward and bane, and ternion and arcane lore maxed out. Your storm line is very weak though, just 1 point in the mastery and 1 point in nimbus. time to work on this.

25+ 


Offense: Ternion + lich + wisp + Outsider
Defense: Lich + kill em fast + slower attack/movement/stun mods from relics/charms

Once you get storm mastery maxed (around 33 or so) you will have 1 point in wisp, 1 in nimbus, and 1 in eye of the storm. Eye of the storm has the biggest bang for the buck on your ternion attack and it also helps your lich and wisp! Max it out before any other skill. This will take you to 38 or so.

When to not use ternion attack:


Once you find enough -energy% you could switch over to ice shards, but I warn you: The AI seems to not care so much about total damage done to it, but the frequency in which you are attacking it. Ice shards is a spam spell and thus I am able to pull all of the mobs off of my lich and onto me. This is VERY bad. And thus I do not recomend Ice shards.
So whats left? lightning and chain lightning. These do huge amounts of damage all at once, and stun. Perfect. Big problem... massively long recharge rate on them and huge energy cost. You need a bunch of -energy and -recharge for them to be better than your ternion attack.

I dont have the eq to run lightning.. what do I spend my points on?


Squall is very nice and is both offensive and defensive.
Thunderball is a great way to stun, but I find the fragments only useful some of the time. 
Max out static charge to increase your ternion lightning attack is an easy way to go.
I think what I am going to do is go with squall. Great to drop it on all the mobs swarming your lich and then blast em with ternion.

One question I have.. can storm surge be activated by ice shards? This may be an awesome combo of spamming shards so you get a bunch of surges going off. Although I did read that storm surge has a bug that its damage is not being modified by int or any of your skills, so it may be worthless.

No comments:

Post a Comment